Excuses? No, Reasons.
Not feeling the writing so much today. Could be any reason, actually. Here’s a current list of excuses running through my head:
- Mild headache. Damn the lack of caffeine.
- A neighbor is installing an elaborate pool in his teensy, tiny backyard alongside a full sized trampoline and towering play fort. Oh, the hammering!
- It’s raining, still.
- The kitten is bouncing off the walls.
- More home drama. It’s as if I don’t have a voice here sometimes.
- More job drama. It’s as if none of us have a voice sometimes.
A major plot revision on WIP needs to be made before I can move forward. Done.
- My keyboard (PC) keeps locking up for some unexplained reason requiring a restart.
- My other keyboard (Mac) keeps switching over to typing numbers for some unexplained reason requiring a restart. No, num lock is not on.
- Any number of household maintenance tasks need attending to.
- The Man dislikes what I’m working on. Nothing new there. I need to stop sharing.
- Self doubt rearing its ugly head.
As much as I think these are excuses not to write, these are the exact reasons for me to write.
- I can use the headache for a chapter in my WIP.
- I could put my big clunky headphones on to drown out the hammering.
- It’ll be less rainy tomorrow.
- The kitten will be less bouncy in a few months.
- I’m convinced I can learn to write through home and job drama. I’ve been living with this level of stress for over two years. Time to get off the whiny truck and get back to my life.
- Keyboard/computer woes…save and save often. Get used to it.
- There’s always going to be household tasks to do. That comes with having a house. Doh!
- And yeah, I need to stop sharing with The Man. He dislikes everything. This isn’t fresh news. I’ve known this for a very, very long time.
- Self doubt? Oh, just stop it!